Friday, October 14, 2011

Sometimes the hardest part of doing something is the starting. So, here I am, starting. I work as an outpatient therapist in a rural Midwestern community, therapeutically I'm a Marriage and family therapist, but recently completed a Library Science degree. What do these two things have to do with each other? Nothing. Or, so I thought at first. As I continued working on my MLS degree, it occurred to me how information affected what I was doing in therapy. And, how important access to information is at this time. It is commonly thought that everyone has access to information, but do they? It is easy to think that because many of us have access to the internet or smart phones that everyone does. But, should that concept be rethought, especially during these economic times? Probably. This is not going to be a rant about how important the public library continues to be or why we need to continue funding libraries, although I think both of these statements are true. Rather, this is just something to think about.

More to follow soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment